“The mission of The DHS Program is to develop the capacity of implementing agencies in participating countries to conduct high-quality demographic and health surveys by leveraging The DHS Program’s best practices of skills transfer, consensus-building, and adaptation, with a commitment to equitable partnerships and inclusion.”
- Appreciating the diversity of perspectives and technical expertise of our collaborators.
- Ensuring transparency through clear and timely communication of intentions and decisions.
- Fostering accountability through co-creation of systems for soliciting and meaningfully responding to country counterpart feedback.
- Cultivating mutual respect through power-sharing and joint decision-making.
- Centering inclusion by prioritizing alignment of country priorities and program objectives.
- Promoting and supporting commitment to the collection and use of high-quality data.