Sr. Medical Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as a key member of The DHS Program’s senior management team, reporting directly to the DHS Project Director. Provide leadership, vision, and technical direction for The DHS Program’s health portfolio, including technical and quality control assurance for the collection of biomarkers and laboratory testing.
- Prepare and manage health-related components of the annual project workplan to USAID Represent The DHS Program in national and international health meetings and in meetings with USAID, other donor organizations, and the World Health Organization.
- Lead the DHS Service Provision Assessment (SPA) Program, including maintenance and updating of the program’s approach, questionnaires, and tabulations in response to emerging needs Oversee the implementation of DHS SPA surveys and provide direct support to specific surveys as required from finalization of the survey design to presentation of survey findings Supervise the work of the DHS biomarker team.
- Prepare country budgets and subcontracts for DHS and SPA surveys, as needed Liaise with the DHS Senior Advisor for Analysis on health-related analytical publications Liaise with the DHS Senior Advisor for Communication on disseminating SPA data and promoting SPA surveys and other health content of The DHS Program to the international public health community.
- International travel approximately 25-30% time to countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Medical degree required. Minimum of 5 years of experience in assisting developing countries to identify and meet health program monitoring and evaluation needs Expertise in developing country health issues including reproductive health, non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health, nutrition, HIV/AIDS and/or malaria.
- Field experience in implementing population and/or facility surveys in developing countries Background in working with USAID, other bilateral donors, or international agencies.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills. Able to travel internationally, as needed.
Click below to apply, or visit please visit the JHU Career Opportunities page
Back to Top